Time has been flying! I can't believe I'm already at week 9 here! Yup, I'm keeping track... My Gannett TDP summer program lasts 10 weeks then I'll be an "official" employee according to the paperwork! This Thursday I'll be shooting and submitting the video for next year's participants that gets showcased on the website. I'm not too fond of being in front of the camera but it's a requirement. The script is ready and now I just need help from the production team to get it rolling.
Work has been getting busier and more overwhelming and I'm trying my best to catch up here. Gotta love the daily deadlines and everything that comes with it.
Just wanted to share a glimpse of my work life:
This is Gannett Dr. where I work at the end of street up the hill. Yup, Gannett owns the street haha. Our building "neighbor" is Seagram's! Like the whiskey and ginger ale... hehe

This is the start of our building. It's hard to miss the address and that brown building behind the number is the printing press. Behind that building is a 4 story building and that's where I work! Fun fact: Parts of the movie The Paper (with Michael Keaton and Glenn Close) were filmed in our printing press. Then they filmed the rest at The New York Times because they thought our office was too modern for the look they were going for. Interesting, huh?


One of the many 18-wheelers... Gotta watch out for these guys:

Here's my lovely little cubicle with my welcome sign, deadline calendar, circulation numbers, etc etc. The other wall is covered with other nonsense:

My work laptop... If you look closely you can see me updating my blog HAHA. Usually I'm emailing clients and checking artwork to get approved but everyone needs a break here and then, right?

So that's about it for today. I'm surprised I haven't passed out after today's ridiculous heat and humidity. Just standing outside for 2 minutes got me to break a sweat. Too bad the Mister Softee ice cream truck didn't come to our office today. That was the highlight of my Friday last week for sure.
Time for me to do some laundry and sleep early so I get to work on time! Such a challenge for me! Til next time!
This is Gannett Dr. where I work at the end of street up the hill. Yup, Gannett owns the street haha. Our building "neighbor" is Seagram's! Like the whiskey and ginger ale... hehe
This is the start of our building. It's hard to miss the address and that brown building behind the number is the printing press. Behind that building is a 4 story building and that's where I work! Fun fact: Parts of the movie The Paper (with Michael Keaton and Glenn Close) were filmed in our printing press. Then they filmed the rest at The New York Times because they thought our office was too modern for the look they were going for. Interesting, huh?
One of the many 18-wheelers... Gotta watch out for these guys:
Here's my lovely little cubicle with my welcome sign, deadline calendar, circulation numbers, etc etc. The other wall is covered with other nonsense:
My work laptop... If you look closely you can see me updating my blog HAHA. Usually I'm emailing clients and checking artwork to get approved but everyone needs a break here and then, right?
So that's about it for today. I'm surprised I haven't passed out after today's ridiculous heat and humidity. Just standing outside for 2 minutes got me to break a sweat. Too bad the Mister Softee ice cream truck didn't come to our office today. That was the highlight of my Friday last week for sure.
Time for me to do some laundry and sleep early so I get to work on time! Such a challenge for me! Til next time!
yay! i love photo updates! i love the welcome posters! so cute. lol.
ReplyDeleteim glad all is well <3
ditto to kat! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute how they put little welcome things in ur cubicle! :)
BTW....work on time?
How's that even going for you...alarm workin well? :)
MIss you miss.
funny that you ask anna... i was an hour late last monday -_- but other than that incident, i've been making it on time (barely) hehe
ReplyDeleteSup SOAKSS...I AM OFFICIALLY FOLLOWING YOU ON BLOGGER....NOT CREEPER STATUS...BUT THATS WHAT THE BUTTON SAID (FOLLOW SOAK IN NEW YORK)....
ReplyDeleteSo I prolly will now get notifications...Pepps out...roger 10/4
sarah! i love the picture and work updates! i wish i was working and living large out there in the city. maybe i should have a career change HAHAHA jk jk
ReplyDeletetake care fellow sarah :]