Friday, September 4, 2009

Good news all around!

Yesterday I graduated all over again! I'm an official employee and completed the 10 week TDP training program for Gannett. Graduation was via satellite from the headquarters in DC so we had a mini celebration with my department in the conference room while watching the screen. Here are some pics from my phone...

These are my fellow TDP-ers that are all over the country:

Here's my "diploma":

Finally here's (from left to right) Jandell the VP of Advertising, Omar the National Advertising Director/my mentor from the program, me, and Mike the Publisher:


More good news: In the mail there was a returned check for my second parking ticket! The judge dismissed it! This was the ticket for not properly displaying my permit because I didn't know how to get a permit for my car when I first moved in. So then today during lunch I went to city hall to try to fight my third ticket (for not registering my car in NY cuz my CA plates expired but I already got NY plates after multiple trips to the DMV). The court clerk lady said that she'll take care of it because my reason was valid so now I just have to wait and see! Hallelujah! I really need to stop blogging about parking tickets.

Even better news: I'll be back in CA for Thanksgiving from Nov. 26-Nov. 30! Plane tickets have been booked and I'm looking forward to breathing some fresh and crisp west coast air... Seeing family, friends, and lots of familiar faces and places =] etc. etc. etc. Not to mention good home cooked food! Even though I cook for myself, I don't really think it counts.

4 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhh :) congrats on everything!!!!! i'm loving all the good news! (especially the one about COMING HOME ON THANKSGIVING!!!) I say....you make a list of things you want to eat/do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    Well do I need to make reservations upon ur visit to California?

    If so..>I would like to book a few dates :D

    SOAKS dont just hang out w. the cool people...

    ReplyDelete