Reporting from Frankfurt, Germany! I just paid 8 euro for an hour of wi-fi so I gotta make it count haha.
It's been a hectic day already. My parents booked me stand-by for a flight from the Westchester airport to Washington DC to meet them there and then fly to Europe. Well, my flight to DC got cancelled completely due to weather and the ticketing agent couldn't re-route me from Chicago to Germany because the Westchester airport doesn't have "main line" United Airlines access whatever that means. So I call my parents to give them that info as they're about to take off from LAX on a 6 hour flight and ask them to re-book me since I don't have authority to do so. I call my parents back a few minutes later and both their cell phones are off cuz obviously their flight needs to get going. So I'm just sitting and panicking at what I'm supposed to do but then like 10 minutes later my mom's friend (my "aunt" Lyly) calls me and she already took care of the re-booking so I was super relieved. I'm actually waiting at the McCafe for her since she's supposed to arrive in Frankfurt within an hour (she's joining us on the trip). So then I got on the next flight to Chicago and then right when I arrived I had to hustle to the next gate to check in and I got seated business class! Man, so I was super relieved everything worked out even though I did a little back tracking... Even with all that I'm still the first one here haha. The flight was about 7 hours and not toooooo bad. I sat next to a nice German man on his way back home from Rio de Janeiro (luuuucky) but he kept his shoes off the entire flight and the odor prompted me to get some alcohol in my system when the beverage cart came around...
Next, I get off the flight and make my way to the McCafe/transit center that I'm meeting my parents and aunt Lyly at... I confused 3 different airport security men and they all told me to go to gate B. Easy enough right? I followed all the signs then got to a security checkpoint where I had to unbundle my layers and then found the McCafe. I ordered a nasty iced coffee and then sat down so I could work on my laptop. Oh but my laptop wasn't in my backpack!!! I freaking left it at the security check point... So I ran back there and this one man yelled at me for going through the "exit only" sign and then I had to explain my story. He called someone and yelled, "Laptop!" and then two more people waved at me to come in. So then one man pulls out my beloved Macbook in its case and then goes "What color is your laptop?" and I said "Silver". So then he passes it to a woman and she goes, "Can you turn on the computer?" so I take it out, press the power button and tell her what the wallpaper is (peacock feathers lol). Then the feathers are on the screen and she goes, "I need photo verification" HAHAHA so then I bust out iPhoto and enlarge a picture of myself... Then end, laptop is back in my possession. Why am I so out of it???
Thanks for reading this very detailed entry! Pictures on their way...
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
omg!!! that is sooo eventful!!! Thank God you got your laptop back!!! keep us updated sars! :)
ReplyDeleteWHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT!?!?! you never told me about the laptop/security story! LOL
ReplyDelete